Reference from Dave Lockwood (New Technology Group Manager Huon Corporation)
Oliver was involved in the Huon Java Client/Server project from October 1997 to September 1998, and he also worked between November 1996 and March 1997 on an earlier Huon Smalltalk Client/Server project. He established himself as a key member of the project team, participating in the Java Client Framework design and contributing key elements to that design, and participating fully in theimplementation of that design.
The quality of Oliver’s work and his commitment to the project during this period was excellent.
Oliver’s commitment and focus were of great benefit to the team, particularly in keeping the customer requirements in mind. He made an excellent contribution to the aesthetics of the GUI and showed great inventiveness in overcoming the serious immaturity of Java. Oliver’s ideas made an impact across the whole framework. He is also a very quick learner, a particular contribution being the performance work;
Oliver’s personal achievements during his period with Huon included the following:
- Designing and developing an application menu tree and associated composer tool for navigation
- Building and testing a Document Image processing (DIp) interface for the HUON Java Client
- Developing a Notebook Manager to dynamically allocate notebook pages Implementing the layout, initial look-and-feel characteristics and attractive visual controls for the GUI
- Evaluating Sun’s Swing components for use in the HUON GUI
- Monitoring early performance and implementing tuning improvements
Given the opportunity, I would not hesitate to employ Oliver in my team again.
Please contact me if you would like any further information.